Our Lady of Hope is the very best Catholic school in the region. Here are some of the facts:
- OLH has only 22 students per classroom. This is the smallest class size around!
- OLH is grounded in the Catholic faith.
- OLH is fully accredited by the Middle States Association.
- OLH students come first. We have over 25 professional full and part time teaching faculty on staff. In addition we have a reading specialist, math specialist, speech teacher and counselor. We have a 14:1 faculty-to-student ratio.
- OLH is the only school in the area with LabLearner, the most dynamic, lab-based science curriculum available.
- OLH is technology-driven. We have computer labs, iPads, Netbooks, Smartboards and actively works to integrate today’s technology into the classroom.
- OLH is dedicated to the arts. We offer music, art and Spanish for all students K-8.
- OLH is sports. We have a dynamic sports program and we are the only school with a soccer program in the area!
Our Lady of Hope offers a competitive and rigorous education built on the tradition of the Catholic faith and grounded in timeless values. Our program includes with Pre-K for 3 and 4 year old children and continues through 8th grade. We even offer an afternoon CARES and early morning drop-off for working parents.
21st century technology is critical to our curriculum. Each class room is equipped with Smartboards. There are over 200 Netbooks currently available for students.
Mission and Philosophy
Our Lady of Hope Regional Catholic School strives to create thoughtful, passionate learners through a well rounded curriculum set in a safe and caring environment, faithful to the Catholic Tradition of Loving God and others through prayer and service. By integrating technology, the fine arts and providing a robust academic program we are preparing our students to be productive members of a global community.
2012-2013 marks the beginning of a new tradition and history in South Philadelphia. Our Lady of Hope will merge the legacy and tradition of three parish communities. With the strong foundation from Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Sacred Heart of Jesus and Epiphany of Our Lord, Our Lady of Hope will build a new and bright future for Catholic education in South Philadelphia.